Ours is State Association having branches and affiliated organizations in many districts of Tamil Nadu
I. We do voluntary services to the Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) during the past 4 decades, limelighting following features:
- We serve the Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) during the past 4 decades.
- We help the PWDs for their Education, Employment, Medical Rehabilitation etc.,
- We conduct Medical camps in Chennai and suburbs, screen the PWDs, assess their requirements and render free assistance according to their needs such as Three-wheeler Scooters, Tri-cycles, Wheel Chairs, Calipers, Crutches, Hearing Aids, Blind person’s walking sticks etc.
- We provide Educational assistance, scholarship, tuition fees, books and notebooks, secure admissions to Professional and Arts and Science courses, training programs for self employment, assist in getting loans from banks.
- We conduct “FACE TO FACE” meetings of PWDs every Saturday (continuously for more than 10 years)to discuss the issues and problems faced by them and redress their grievances and provide solutions.
- We conduct Seminars, State Conferences, exhibitions, talent programs, sports events etc., for the PWDs.
- We liaise with Govt authorities and represent the problems of the differently abled, and help them to get ID cards, Disability Pensions & all other assistances under the various schemes of the Government.
- We also act as spokes persons for the differently abled and represent to the Govt on various issues such as accessibility in public places, transport, elections and get Govt support and solutions for such issues.
- We publish UDAVIKKARAM monthly Magazine to focus the problems faced by the PWDs, give opportunities to discuss the problems of disability sector, represent to the Government and other authorities and get necessary help as well as placement services and matrimonial services to them.
- We do matrimonial services – marriage & family counseling, conducting marriages, marriage assistance etc.
- The Office bearers though PWDs, are professionals, self employed and well educated and qualified peoples, serving PWDs with full dedication. (Profile of Key Office Bearers enclosed)