STATE CONFERENCE 2019 on February 23 & 24th at Dr. M.G.R. Janaki Arts & Science College for Women, Raja Annamalai Puram, Chennai – 28, and about 1500 differently Abled persons are participating in the Conference from Chennai and various Districts and some of the events of the Conference are highlighted below.
- Grand Procession “ Mattruthiranaligal Pearani” at 11.00am on 23rd Feb 2019.
- District Office Bearers Seminar on 23rd Feb at 3.00pm.
- Special Seminar on the problems of Differently Abled on 24th Feb at 11.00am.
- State Conference main programme on 24th Feb at 3.00pm
- We honor 10 differently abled achievers and 10 Social activists (service to differently abled) with “UDAVIKKARAM AWARD”.
- We release a SPECIAL UDAVIKKARAM SOUVINER of Conference.
- We distribute Aids & Appliances to 100 differently abled persons.
PURPOSE OF THE CONFERENCE
We conduct the State Conference to provide opportunities to the PWD’s to gather in large numbers to express their demands (what the Government has to do for them) and create awareness about their potentials to the Government Officials, Industrialist, Corporate, NGO’s and the Public at large.
We have conducted similar such conferences for many years and achieved to get lot of Government announcements, programs, projects, GO’s etc for the benefit of PWDs and we hope to get lot of Government support to get the rights of the Differently Abled on accessibility, mobility, social security, employment, education, rehabilitation etc by this conference.